It’s no wonder Max Factor chose the actress, mother, blogger, author and chef to front its seven faces of beauty campaign this year.
“Selected for her natural beauty, but also her chameleon style and ability to carry off diverse and arresting glamour statements, Gwyneth has been chosen as our canvas and creative inspiration,” say Max Factor.
For the brand’s ‘Glamour Statement Vision’, she returns with the ‘business woman look’ – you know, the one where we all work an immaculate red lip, perfect trench and poker straight blow-dry?
If you’re not sure how, follow these tips for “confident and fearless” make-up from Max Factor’s make up artist Mel Arter:
- Prepare your skin with your regular moisturiser, then apply Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation for a completely smooth and even base.
– Dust Max Factor Bronzing Powder in Golden across your cheekbones, and blend using a Max Factor powder brush in circular motions. The aim is to create a ‘just been on a weekend break’ glow.
- Dab Max Factor Masterpiece Colour Precision Eye Shadow in Pearl Beige across the eyelid and just underneath your lower lash line. Using your fingertip, blend gently outwards to create a ‘halo’ effect around the eye.
- Using a Max Factor eye shadow brush, apply Max Factor Earth Spirits Eye Shadow in Burnt Bark into the eyelid crease and ‘wing out’ towards the outer corner using small circular motions to bond the powder and cream eyeshadows.
- Add Max Factor Earth Spirits Eye Shadow in Inca Bronze towards inner corner, and blend using the same technique as with the Burnt Bark eye shadow.
- Then, as finishing touch, sweep Max Factor Earth Spirits Eyeshadow in Pale Pebble across outer brow bone, in between lid crease and brow end, to contrast against the darker shadows and to create a sculpted effect.
- Define and separate your lashes with volumising coats of Max Factor Masterpiece Max Mascara in Black.
- Using a Max Factor lip brush, precision-paint the outer contours of your lips with Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick in Ruby Tuesday, the most show-stopping of reds. Once you’ve created your outline, fill using plenty of product.